Read stories, news articles, blog posts, and tweets about street harassment from the past week and find relevant announcements and upcoming street harassment events.
Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read new street harassment stories on the Web from the past week at:
In the News, on the Blogs:
*Feministing.com, “When dads hollaback“
* Guardian, “Feeling Harassed? Do Something About it!“
* The Washington Times, “Sexual assaults on subways pose a serious problem“
* The Frisky, “Would You Want Women-Only Subway Cars To Stop Sexual Harassment?“
* XO Jane, “Never, Ever Tell Me to Smile“
* The Good Men Project, “My Personal Street Harassment Screed“
* CJOnline, “Lawrence group wants an end to harassment”
* The San Pedro Sun, “Catcalling the Lioness: Street Harassment in Paradise“
* Early Bird Catches the Worm, “Magazines: I Ain’t No Hollaback Girl—Street Harassment in CLEO.”
* Microagressions, “It doesn’t make sense…“
* From Holla Back DC!: CASTING CALL! Help us put a face to street harassment. Check it out bit.ly/phMba5
* Young Women for Change in Afghanistan released a video about how Islam forbids the harassment of women.
* Sign Mend the Gap’s petition to address subway harassment in Delhi, India
* Are you in Egypt? Use HarassMap to report your street harassers
* Have an iPhone? Download the Hollaback iPhone app that lets you report street harassers
15 Tweets from the Week:
5. Feminist_Inti Women of colour and trans women are disproportionally affected by it showing there’s an intersection of abuses of power in street harassment
9. el_zilcho A woman was jogging down my street in a sports bra, and I actually saw a jackass honk and catcall her. I thought that was only in movies!
12. AlreetYorkshire Say “NO” to street harassment! It’s really not my day todayShare on Facebook