Read stories, news articles, blog posts, and tweets about street harassment from the past week and find relevant announcements and upcoming street harassment events.
** NEW!: Sign up to receive a monthly e-newsletter from Stop Street Harassment ***
Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read new street harassment stories on the Web from the past week at:
* “Adventures of Salwa” in Beirut, Lebanon
* Safe Slope in Brooklyn, New York, USA
* Anti-victim-blaming marchers in Jakarta, Indonesia
In the News, on the Blogs:
* The Friendz Teen Cult.u.re, “Change the Way I Dress?! No, Change the Way you Think!“
* Jakarta Globe, “Indonesian Women Don Miniskirts in Rape Protest“
* Kat’s Daily News, “Hush“
* Hot City Blues, “How to Talk to Women and Not Be Creepy“
* Chez Trixl, “Respect our women!“
* MeriNews, “Students campaign against eve teasing in Mumbai“
* Bikya Masr, “A look inside sexual harassment in Egypt“
* Islington Gazette, “Police pledge to clamp down on sexual harassment in Finsbury Park street“
* Mid-Day, “Chappals to beat out harassment“
* Ranchi Express, “Anti Eve Teasing Efforts Bringing Good Results“
* Tomorrow Stop Street Harassment launches a new “Street Respect” series highlighting the type of stories we want to see instead of street harassment stories!
* Call for men to share views/stories about street harassment
* Sign Mend the Gap’s petition to address subway harassment in Delhi, India
* Are you in Egypt? Use HarassMap to report your street harassers
* Have an iPhone? Download the Hollaback iPhone app that lets you report street harassers
15 Tweets from the Week:
1. gunkelqnupw9 When i walked across the street to avoid your harassment why do you then think its smart to follow 4DkSWx
4. 52stations Forgot about Piggy’s street harassment scene in Muppets Take Manhattan. With such a childhood idol, is it any wonder I turned out like this?
5. WrittenbyBene It’s bad when you have in earphones, are playing w/your phone, all to avoid being harassed by horny men
6. WrittenbyBene I don’t think you guys realize how exhausting it is to be a woman. Call your boys, nephews, sons, kids out for harassing women on streets.
7. cthulhuchick Not that street harassment is warranted because the ass looks fine. I still don’t want random guys yelling at me. Not fun.
8. ElseBell definitely wasn’t expecting street harassment in london (not sure why, but it was as bad today as it was in texas! dislike).
14. choosler Nothing like a little street harassment as the icing on my grumpy cake.Share on Facebook