Read stories, news articles, blog posts, and tweets about street harassment from the past week and find relevant announcements and upcoming street harassment events.
** Sign up to receive a monthly e-newsletter from Stop Street Harassment ***
Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read new street harassment stories on the Web from the past week at:
In the News, on the Blogs:
* Racialicious, “Unsafe in Seattle”
* Huffington Post, “Street Harassment is Everywhere; What do We Tell Our Daughters?“
* Negin Dahya, “Big City Etiquette“
* The Times of India, “On Diwali eve, many roads without street-lights“
* Gender Across Borders, “Street Culture“
* Her campus University of Leeds, “Street Harassment – The Daily Battle“
* Cool Age, “That evil called ‘street harassment‘”
* LiveMint.com, “A girl’s guide to public speaking“
* Sign the petition to tell Toronto Police to stop blaming victims for street harassment and sexual assault!!
* Participate in a “Taking Back Halloween” contest and show off your creativity for creating non-sexy costumes
* Donate to Students Active for Ending Rape so they can mentor and teach students to advocate for safer campuses!
* If you’re in London, help a Ph.D. student out with her dissertation research by meeting to share your street harassment stories.
* Contribute to the Monday “Street Respect” series that highlights the type of stories we want to see instead of street harassment stories!
* Call for men to share views/stories about street harassment
* Sign Mend the Gap’s petition to address subway harassment in Delhi, India
* Are you in Egypt? Use HarassMap to report your street harassers
* Have an iPhone? Download the Hollaback iPhone app that lets you report street harassers
10 Tweets from the Week:
5. cathredfern YES. Just successfully challenged street harassment i am shaking now so muchShare on Facebook