** Sign up to receive a monthly e-newsletter from Stop Street Harassment ***
Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read street harassment stories on the Web at:
Many of the Hollaback sites
In the News, on the Blogs:
* The New York Times, “Sex Crimes Pass Under the Radar on Public Transit“
* Jezebel, “How to Be a Good Guy on the Sidewalk“
* Greater Greater Washington, “End sexual harassment on Metro“
* Washington City Paper, “Holla Back, Metro“
* The Mooring Mast, “Catcalling crosses line into harassment“
* Ecofeminism, “My Gendered Body and Me“
* ABC News, “Girl Power!“
* Daily News & Analysis, “Run for a cause: Let’s stop gender-based violence“
* Egypt Independent, “Citing harassment complaints, travel agencies threaten to suspend Luxor flights“
* Daily Targum, “Activist looks to stop street harassment“
* Founder Holly Kearl talks about why she’s organizing/participating in the week of action on March 18-24
* Start planning for International Anti-Street Harassment Week, March 18-24
* Activists in Washington, DC, testified at a city council hearing about harassment on the transit system and made recommendations to the transit authorities.
* Watch a video about efforts in Afghanistan to address street harassment and other gender issues
* College men in the USA share tips on how men can stop street harassment
* The Adventures of Salwa campaign has a hotline for sexual harassment cases in Lebanon: 76-676862.
* In Bangalore, India, there is a helpline for street harassment 080 – 22943225 / 22864023
10 Tweets from the Week:
1. @sakshichopra5 Street harassment knocks closer to home! Younger sister’s best friend eve teased in her colony, moti bagh! Thank heavens neighbors helped!
3. @_nowimgold @AfroSinTrick I’ve worked w/street harassment orgs. ALL women experience it. Women of color are more exposed though, especially Black women.
4. @DeeRmY2020 March 8 is the Women World day, and March 18-24 is International Anti-Street Harassment Week and it should be taken seriously!
9. @BangsandaBun Nothing like a but of Hackney street harassment to kick start your day the right way. *sigh*Share on Facebook