Read stories, news articles, blog posts, and tweets about street harassment from the past week.
** Sign up to receive a monthly e-newsletter from Stop Street Harassment ***
Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read street harassment stories on the Web at:
Many of the Hollaback sites
In the News, on the Blogs:
* Washington Blade, “Police identify trans woman fatally stabbed at D.C. bus stop” and DC Trans Coalition, “Another Violent Attack“
* New York Times, “Shame and Anger in Cairo“
* North Baltimore Patch, “Cat Call to Arms“
* The Saudi Gazette, “A grave punishment befitting an eve teaser“
* Kuwait Times, “Sexual Harassment“
* Deccan Herald, “Public thrash youth for teasing girls“
* The Daily Star, “Support line offers safe outlet to talk about sexual harassment“
* Until I Get Married, “The Other Reason Street Harassment Is Wrong“
* Washington City Paper, “Youth of Today“
* Fueled, “Hey, Baby. There’s an App for that“
* Hollaback, “Interview: Boston-Feminist on “Why I Punched a Stranger”
* BootsnAll, “How to Deal With Street Harassment in Foreign Countries“
* If you live in the Washington, DC-area, you can testify about harassment on the Metro system at a hearing on Feb. 22. Details.
* Start planning for International Anti-Street Harassment Week, March 18-24
* Sign the Petition: “Demand Justice for Two Men Killed Trying to Stop Street Harassment“
* Read a Baltimore, Maryland, college student’s thesis on street harassment
* The Adventures of Salwa campaign has a hotline for sexual harassment cases in Lebanon: 76-676862.
* In Bangalore, India, there is a helpline for street harassment 080 – 22943225 / 22864023
10 Tweets from the Week:
3. trapunski Just witnessed a taxi driver catcall a woman holding a baby with the line “hey mommy.” One of the skeeziest things I’ve ever seen.
6. SeraSarahSera “How would she react to this display of man’s inhumanity, embodied in a catcall toward you, her daughter? Think of that when you walk by.”
7. caulkthewagon GAHHHHH FIVE SECONDS OF STREET HARASSMENT MAKING ME HULK OUT GAHGHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHShare on Facebook