Read stories, news articles, blog posts, and tweets about street harassment from the past few weeks.
Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read street harassment stories on the Web at:
Many of the Hollaback sites
Street Harassment In the News, on the Blogs:
* Egypt Independent, “Movement plans patrols to counter sexual harassment during Eid“
* IBN Live, “Teenager kills self after eve-teasing“
* What While We Slept, “Sexism & Street Harassment in Brussels and Knoxville“
* Azerby Jake, “Stop Street Harassment!“
* From the Mind of Sister Storm, “Street Harassment 101“
* Meet Istanbul (Not Constantinople), “Street harassment before 8 a.m.“
* Bikyamasr, “Egypt women fearful of attacks as Eid holiday arrives“
* Egypt Independent, “The Sexual Harassment File: Coping mechanisms“
* You can view the full anti-street harassment documentary “War Zone” online now.
* Next Sunday (Aug. 26) in DC is a benefit concert for Collective Action for Safe Spaces
* Young men from Balaken and Zaqatala, in northern Azerbaijan, produced a great video to try and put an end to street harassment
* Vote for Hollaback Philly’s transit ad project
* Activists in South Africa launched a new website about street harassment
* The anti-sexual harassment public service announcement signs are now up in several Washington, DC metro stations!
* Help fund a new film about street harassment
* The Stop Street Harassment book is available in paperback for $15.
* Submit art about street harassment for the VoiceTool Product exhibit in San Francisco, CA
* The Adventures of Salwa campaign has a hotline for sexual harassment cases in Lebanon: 76-676862.
* In Bangalore, India, there is a helpline for street harassment 080 – 22943225 / 22864023
15 Tweets from the Week:
2. @aliciapees it’s cool how street harassment has dissuaded me from wearing shorts in public even when its 30 degrees celsius.
11. @PUREIDEOLOGY @m_kopas i’ve been catcalled more times than i can count, makes me feel pretty disgusting lmao
13. @FeministPrncess RT THIS QUESTION! What age did you first experience street harassment? If it’s lessened, what age did the decline begin? For me it’s 12/24.
14. @GrahamGemmell Men. Why catcall? It’s like announcing to the world “I’m not capable of intelligent conversation or subtlety and I’m so very lonely”Share on Facebook