Read stories, news articles, blog posts, and tweets about street harassment from the past few weeks.
Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read street harassment stories on the Web at:
Many of the Hollaback sites
Street Harassment In the News, on the Blogs:
* Heeb Magazine, “A Woman’s Guide to Hasidic Street Harassment“
* New York Times, “For Women in Street Stops, Deeper Humiliation“
* Khabar Southeast Asia, “Nepali youth combat “Eve teasing” with awareness“
* Al-Shorfa, “Egyptian women organise against harassment“
* Ms. Blog, “Street Harassment Fuels a Viral Documentary“
* Powered by Girl, “My new perspective on street harassment“
* Good Women, “A Story On Confidence, Compliments, And Street Harassment“
* Feminspire, “A Letter To The Guy Who Catcalled Me On The Street“
* The Independent, “Whistling, pinching, “sweetheart” – it’s all harassment“
* Princess Lasertron, “how a collective of female friends helped me stand up to street harassment“
* Happy Paradox, “A Conversation About Street Harassment“
* The Onion, “Weird, Area Woman Wasn’t Harassed Today“
* Vote for Hollaback Philly’s transit ad project
* Activists in South Africa launched a new website about street harassment
* The anti-sexual harassment public service announcement signs are now up in several Washington, DC metro stations!
* Help fund a new film about street harassment
* The Stop Street Harassment book is available in paperback for $15.
* Submit art about street harassment for the VoiceTool Product exhibit in San Francisco, CA
* The Adventures of Salwa campaign has a hotline for sexual harassment cases in Lebanon: 76-676862.
* In Bangalore, India, there is a helpline for street harassment 080 – 22943225 / 22864023
15 Tweets from the Week:
3.@puellaradical @sydneyanderson keep men on their own island so they can catcall each other
5. @ellistuhler Surely the sidewalk-biker who craned his neck to catcall a teenager learned a lesson in karma when he subsequently crashed into a mailbox.
7.@BlondeonaBeach Why do men equivalent to my dads age feel its ok to yell/catcall/whistle at me and my friends..
12.@colorlessblue A guy i actually liked smiled respectfully and i frowned at him in reflex before i realized it! STREET HARASSMENT RUINS EVERYTHING!
13. @nehedari wild goose chase in haifa. amazing how “romantic” street harassment is near arab bus station. “I will kidnap u, marry u, make many babies”
Share on Facebook