Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read street harassment stories on the Web at:
Many of the Hollaback sites
Street Harassment In the News, on the Blogs:
* Ebony, “STREET HARASSMENT: Every Woman’s War“
* The Jerusalem Post, “Egyptian women battle harassment on the streets“
* The New Zealand Herald, “Catcalling – it’s not a compliment“
* World Pluse, “Street Harassment: How it looks like in Afghanistan“
* Huffington Post, “Sexual Harassment: IPhone App ‘Not Your Baby’ Suggests Responses“
* Shiny Shiny TV, “Not Your Baby street harassment app tells you how to respond to scumbags“
* Yale Daily News, “THURSTON: How studying abroad made me a feminist“
* Al-Akhbar, “The Widespread Plague of Sexual Harassment in Egypt“
* Relando Thompkins, “Aspiring Humanitarian Joins Efforts to End Street Harassment“
* Collective Action for Safe Spaces, “On hitting on that cute girl at the coffee shop“
* Stop Street Harassment welcomes and announces its new board of directors!
* Harlow Project Seeking Participants For Street Harassment Web Video Series
* Sign a petition about ending street harassment in Egypt.
* Contact Bowlmor and the New York City Transit to complain about this offensive subway ad.
* Activists in South Africa launched a website about street harassment
* The anti-sexual harassment public service announcement signs are now up in several Washington, DC metro stations!
* The Stop Street Harassment book is available in paperback for $15.
* Submit art about street harassment for the VoiceTool Product exhibit in San Francisco, CA
* The Adventures of Salwa campaign has a hotline for sexual harassment cases in Lebanon: 76-676862.
* In Bangalore, India, there is a helpline for street harassment 080 – 22943225 / 22864023
10 Tweets from the Week:
1. @_MissBre Street harassment scares me. I don’t even defend myself because I have no idea where his head is.
3. @psichedelico insert tweet about how much i hate rape culture and street harassment.
8. @FatFemPinUp Street harassment can be truly traumatic for women & the WORST thing you can do as a friend/lover/significant other is deny them validation
10. @MeLaMachinko The age old ‘wear your headphones even if u aren’t listening to music to ignore street harassment” trick… tried & true!Share on Facebook