Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read street harassment stories on the Web at:
Many of the Hollaback sites
Street Harassment In the News, on the Blogs:
* CNN.com, “Hey baby! Women speak out against street harassment“
* Irish Times, “Put yourself in her shoes: ‘Every woman I know has a story‘”
* Daily News Egypt, “Anti-harassment campaigns’ busy week“
* Time Out Istanbul, “Meet Istanbul’s heroines“
* Bikyamasr, “Egypt women who fight harassment are beaten, but not broken“
* Jucy Africa, “The tiny assaults: A diary of street harassment“
* Relando Thompkins, “3 Ways to be an Effective Ally against Street Harassment“
* Lydia Magazine, “TAKE BACK THE DAY: ON BRINGING AN END TO STREET HARASSMENT“
* Now Lebanon, “Taking stalking seriously in Beirut“
* Sustained Enthusiasm, “Catcalling and Connections to Class“
* The Times of India, “In groups they move for safe passage“
* Huffington Post, “Transgender New Yorkers Face Scorn And Violence Using Public Restrooms“
* Day & Night News, “Students stage protest against eve-teasing in Chandigarh“
* BlogHer, “Street Harassment Now That I Present As a Woman“
* Women’s Web, “Talking about Street Sexual Harassment“
* Time Out New York, “Fighting back against sexual harassment on the street“
* Read an interview with Tatyana Fazlalizadeh about her beautiful art work against street harassment
* What did street harassment look like in 1945?
* @Shefunionwomcom We are collating stories of women’s experiences of street harassment. If you have a story please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
* @TheBuSSyProject 8-9 October in Egypt. Stories from childhood, adolescence & adulthood … I highly recommend it http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/282741105174997/ … #EndSH
* There’s a new, creative video about street harassment from SlamPow! Production
* Stop Street Harassment welcomes and announces its new board of directors!
* New York is considering a bill that would make harsher punishments for engaging in unwanted sexual touching in public spaces.
* A Russian activist group made a viral video about street harassment and has proposed anti-harassment legislation.
* Harlow Project Seeking Participants For Street Harassment Web Video Series
* Sign a petition about ending street harassment in Egypt.
* Contact Bowlmor and the New York City Transit to complain about this offensive subway ad.
* Activists in South Africa launched a website about street harassment
* The anti-sexual harassment public service announcement signs are now up in several Washington, DC metro stations!
* The Stop Street Harassment book is available in paperback for $15.
* Submit art about street harassment for the VoiceTool Product exhibit in San Francisco, CA
* The Adventures of Salwa campaign has a hotline for sexual harassment cases in Lebanon: 76-676862.
* In Bangalore, India, there is a helpline for street harassment 080 – 22943225 / 22864023
20 Tweets from the Week:
1. @RobbyDran Real men never catcall or harass a women. It is not ok.
2. @laurenaissance sometimes i worry that avoiding the homeless guys in my neighborhood because they catcall me is just disguised classism
3. @LauraBaginski A catcall I actually appreciated: “Girl, you look SUCCESSFUL.”
4. @brittneyg CNN interviewed me about being groped on the bus & blogging it. Read: http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/06/living/street-harassment/index.html … Listen here: http://cnnradio.cnn.com/2012/10/04/cnn-radio-news-day-october-4-2012/?hpt=hp_c2 … (min 12:05)
11. @irincarmon Dear all the men asking me if street harassment is still a thing: ask the women in your lives.
12. @irincarmon I hate how street harassment makes me less likely to engage w people on the street.Share on Facebook