Street Harassment Stories:
Share your story! You can read street harassment stories on the Web at:
Many of the Hollaback sites
Street Harassment In the News, on the Blogs:
* Ahram Online, “Egyptian women organise ‘Catch a Harasser’ to demand respect during Eid“
* Ahram Online, “Egypt’s cabinet plans new law to fight sexual harassment“
* The Guardian, “A conspiracy of silence allowed sexual harassment to stay routine“
* Egypt Independent, “”
* Pakistan Today, “Are women-only parks the answer to street harassment?“
* The Atlantic Cities, “In India’s Cities, Separation Doesn’t Mean Safety for Women“
* Nooga.com, “Women walking: A lady’s perspective on street harassment“
* Ebony, “I Ate So Men Wouldn’t Pay Attention To Me“
* Brandeis City Blog, “Street Harassment in Brussels“
* Rebel with a Cause, “Stop harassment: It’s not sex, it’s oppression!“
* Sian and Crooked Rib, “Yes, i do look lush. No, you don’t need to tell me.”
* Daily News Egypt, “Heya: Youth initiative seeks to empower women“
* The Times of India, “Eve-teasers beware, lady cops on prowl“
* Daily Bhaskar, “City might just be safer for girls from now on“
* Gulf News, “Egypt vows crackdown on sexual harassment during Eid“
* BG News, “Event to raise awareness for street harassment“
* There are only a few days left in the Razoo campaign to raise funds for a national street harassment study – please donate!
* Penn State students demonstrated against street harassment
* There are now anti-sexual harassment ads on the DC Metro cars (before they were on the platforms)
* Egypt Hotlines for harassment complaints during Eid: 16048, 08008883888, 25747295 and 01150118822. Spread the word.
* The FX show Totally Biased covered street harassment this week!
* Read an interview with Tatyana Fazlalizadeh about her beautiful art work against street harassment
* What did street harassment look like in 1945?
* @Shefunionwomcom We are collating stories of women’s experiences of street harassment. If you have a story please email it to email@example.com
* The Adventures of Salwa campaign has a hotline for sexual harassment cases in Lebanon: 76-676862.
* In Bangalore, India, there is a helpline for street harassment 080 – 22943225 / 22864023
15 Tweets from the Week:
@thetrudz: I don’t like that Axe body spray for men. It smells like street harassment, STDs and despair.
@Chell_Dunphy I think it’s really important to create dialogue about public/street harassment. Any time I bring it up, people are shocked by the stories
@WhoaWhitney Creepers catcall at me, and I mentally turn into Buffy.
@Fengxii Oh god I just witnessed a group of men catcall irl and now I feel sick and disgusted and unhappy.
@captainmorganj instead of ignoring men who catcall me I got the gumption to start giving the dirtiest looks back I can muster
@SACETN Street harassment is not a compliment.
@OaklandElle BTW, have noticed a significant reduction in street harassment when wearing feminist patches.