* Sept. 20, 2017: Holly will speak at two events at the University of New Hampshire
* Oct. 7, 2017: Holly is the keynote speaker at the annual Critiquing Culture Conference at George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
* Nov. 1, 2017: Holly will speak to teen writers at the Gaithersburg library, Gaithersburg, MD, 7:15 p.m.
* Aug. 23, 2017: Holly led a workshop at Exiger Diligence, 12-2 p.m., Silver Spring, MD
* May 12, 2017: Holly Kearl spoke to the Institute for a Democratic Future cohort, Washington, D.C.
* April 19, 2017: Holly Kearl spoke to high school students at Broad Run in Virginia, 12:15 p.m.
* April 2 – 8, 2017: SSH oversaw the annual International Anti-Street Harassment Week!
* March 21, 2017: Holly Kearl joined Safecity staff in speaking on a panel at the UN Commission on the Status of Women, 2:30 p.m., New York City
* March 7, 2017: Holly Kearl spoke to students at Santa Clara University, California, over skype
* February 23 and 24, 2017: Holly Kearl spoke on panels at the UN Women Safe Cities Global Leaders Forum, Mexico City, Mexico
* September 14, 2016: Holly Kearl was a panelist at the Global Girls Media forum at George Washington University, D.C.
* July 10, 2016: Stop Street Harassment will host a workshop at the International Summit to End Sexual Violence at Fordham University, NYC, 10:30 a.m.
* June 3, 2016: Holly Kearl led a workshop on street harassment at AAUW’s National Conference for College Women Student Leaders, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
* April 10-16, 2016: Anyone anywhere in the world can participate in our 6th annual International Anti-Street Harassment Week commemoration!
March 30, 2016: Holly Kearl spoke to two classes at Mount Union University, Ohio.
* March 29, 2016: Holly Kearl gave a keynote address at the Mount Union University, Ohio.
* March 16, 2016: Holly Kearl gave a talk on street harassment at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln
* March 15, 2016: Holly Kearl was a panelist at a screening of “The Hunting Ground” at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln
* December 9-10, 2015: Holly Kearl spoke at a UN global conference on ending violence against women in Istanbul, Turkey.
* November 16, 2015: Holly Kearl spoke at NYU’s residence halls, 7 p.m.
* November 14, 2015: Holly Kearl had a book signing at the Winchester Book Gallery, Winchester, VA, 4-6 p.m.
* November 5, 2015: The NYC book release event for Stop Global Street Harassment: Growing Activism around the World took place at the famous feminist bookstore Bluestockings at 7 p.m. Author Holly Kearl was joined by activists from the Netherlands, Nigeria, and NYC. More info.
* October 15, 2015: In Florida, USA, our SPSM team the Me=You campaign held a workshop about street harassment during the teen hour at the local library.
* October 2015: SSH board member Laura S. Logan spoke about street harassment at Hastings College, Nebraska.
* October 2015: SSH board member Lindsey Middlecamp spoke at a Minnesota campus.
* October 10, 2015: In Lucknow, India, our SPSM team Safe Safar hosted a campaign with public dialogue and street play about street harassment. In October they also held a safety audit on the Metro.
* September 30, 2015: SSH founder Holly Kearl was a speaker at George Mason University’s Fall for the Books event in Fairfax, VA, 1:30 p.m. It was free and open to the public.
* September 17, 2015: The book release event for Stop Global Street Harassment: Growing Activism around the World took place at American University, in Washington, D.C., 7 p.m. Author Holly Kearl was joined by contributing authors Noorjahan Akbar, Lauren McEwen and Patrick McNeil (a SSH board member). Read the recap of the event and watch videos of the four co-presenters.
* June 8-10, 2015: SSH founder (a UN consultant), attended and presented at the UN Women Safe Cities Global Stakeholders Meeting, Delhi, India
* May 29: SSH founder co-presented with staff from Collective Action for Safe Spaces at the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders, University of Maryland, May 29, 2015, 10:15 – 11:30 a.m.
* April 12-18, 2015: Anyone anywhere in the world could participate in the 5th International Anti-Street Harassment Week!!
* April 8, 2015: SSH’s founder spoke at NYU, NY
* March 31, 2015: SSH’s founder spoke at Susquehanna University, PA
* March 23, 2015: SSH and SlutWalk DC held a protest outside the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC
* March 8, 2015: SSH was in NYC for the International Women’s Day march from the UN headquarters to Times Square.
* March 7, 2015: SSH board member & Cards Against Harassment founder Lindsey Middlecamp spoke at Gustavus Adolphus College in MN
* March 4, 2015: SSH’s founder spoke at Shenandoah University in VA
* February 11, 2015: SSH’s founder spoke at Centennial College, Toronto, Canada
* November 18, 2014: SSH’s founder spoke at the AAUW McLean (VA) Branch meeting, 7 p.m., McLean Community Center, McLean, VA
* November 1, 2014: SSH had a table at SlutRock DC
* October 25, 2014: SSH held a chalkwalk in NYC to commorate the UN’s day of awareness about sexual harassment in public spaces.
* October 4, 2014: SSH’s founder will speak on a panel at American University’s Day of the Girl summit, 1-2 p.m., DC
* September 10, 2014: SSH’s founder gave a talk at Shenandoah University, Winchester, VA
* August 20, 2014: SSH co-presented at the National Sexual Assault Conference with Marty Langelan, Pittsburgh, PA
* June 19, 2014: SSH held a national study release event in Washington, DC
* June 6, 2014: SSH co-presented a workshop with Collective Action for Safe Spaces at the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders, University of Maryland, College Park
* May 15, 2014: SSH’s founder spoke at a Boys and Girls Club in SE Washington, DC
* April 24, 2014: SSH tabled at the Rally Against Rape/Take Back the Night in Arlington, VA, 6:30 p.m
* April 16, 2014: SSH’s founder Holly and SSH board member Patrick spoke at George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 7 p.m.
* April 9-11, 2014: SSH’s founder spoke about sexual harassment and related issues to campus leaders in Ethiopia, through the State Department
* April 3, 2014: SSH and the University of Arizona co-hosted an afternoon of activism for International Anti-Street Harassment Week, Tucson, AZ
* April 3, 2014: SSH’s founder will speak at Edge High School in Tucson, AZ, 11 a.m.
* March 27, 2014: SSH’s founder spoke at Montgomery College, Maryland
* Dec. 11: SSH held a joint release event for the book 50 Stories about Stopping Street Harassers and our Know Your Rights Toolkit: Street Harassment and the Law. 6 p.m., Washington, D.C.
* Nov. 30: SSH’s Safe Public Spaces Mentoring Site in Cameroon hosted a seminar for youth about gender-based violence, especially street harassment.
* Nov. 7: SSH’s founder Holly Kearl and board member Nuala Cabral testified at the Philadelphia City Council Hearing on Street Harassment, at the invitation of Hollaback! Philly. Philadelphia, PA
* Nov. 6: SSH’s founder Holly Kearl and SSH board member Nuala Cabral co-hosted an event with Hollaback! Philly at the Wooden Shoe Bookstore to discuss street harassment and Holly new book 50 Stories about Stopping Street Harassers, Philadelphia, PA, 7 pm.
* Oct. 18: SSH’s founder co-presented on street harassment with Patrick McNeil and co-facilitate a discussion with him at Gay District, Washington, D.C., 8 p.m.
* Oct. 13: SSH’s Chicago Safe Public Spaces Mentoring Site hosted a fun/free event, “Stop Calling Me Baby: Film Screening and Spoken Word,” Chicago, IL, 2:30 – 4 p.m.
* Oct. 8: SSH’s founder Holly Kearl spoke at the AAUW Ellicott City Branch Meeting, Maryland, 6:30 p.m.
* August 28, 2013: SSH workshop at the National Sexual Assault Conference in Los Angeles, CA.
* August 19, 2013: SSH’s founder spoke at Wilkes Barre VA Center at 1 p.m., Wilkes Barre, PA.
* August 12, 2013: SSH’s founder spoke at the International Coalition Against Street Harassment Conference, NYC.
* August 10, 2013: SSH had a table at SlutWalk DC for a third year in a row. The table was at Malcolm X Park (Meridian Hill Park) and the walk ended there around 12 p.m.
* June 27, 2013: SSH’s founder spoke with Washington, D.C.-area interns during New Faces, More Voices, organized by the National Council of Women’s Organizations, 3:30 p.m.
* June 5, 2013: SSH Five Year Anniversary Happy Hour and Awards Ceremony, Vinoteca, Washington, D.C., 5-9 p.m.
* June 4, 2013: SSH’s founder spoke at an assembly at Elisabeth Irwin High School in New York, 2 p.m.
* May 31, 2013: SSH workshop at the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders in Maryland, 4:45 p.m.